Nikon COOLPIX S1200pj can project images from iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
Nikon has introduced the COOLPIX S1200pj digital camera, which has a built-in projector. The neat part is that you can use it to project images from an iPad, iPhone 4 or iPod touch.
Nikon claims (we haven't tested one) that the COOLPIX S1200pj will display projected images and movies at a full 60 inches across. Plus, once you've connected your compatible iDevice (no word on how this is done), the camera will project "movies, images and web content."
At US$429, it sounds like a fun, multi-purpose device: digital camera and projector. If you try one out, let us know how it goes. In the meantime, watch a demo video here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options