Nikon COOLPIX S1200pj can project images from iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
Nikon has introduced the COOLPIX S1200pj digital camera, which has a built-in projector. The neat part is that you can use it to project images from an iPad, iPhone 4 or iPod touch.
Nikon claims (we haven't tested one) that the COOLPIX S1200pj will display projected images and movies at a full 60 inches across. Plus, once you've connected your compatible iDevice (no word on how this is done), the camera will project "movies, images and web content."
At US$429, it sounds like a fun, multi-purpose device: digital camera and projector. If you try one out, let us know how it goes. In the meantime, watch a demo video here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter