German court upholds injunction against Samsung tablets
Samsung just got some more bad news. A German court has upheld an earlier preliminary injunction on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Now Germany joins most of the rest of the EU on the list of countries that ban Samsung from selling its tablet. The injunction came as a result of Apple's legal moves to stop sales of the device, citing its similarities with the iPad.
This isn't the worst news of the month for Samsung, however. Last week a Dutch court ordered EU-wide preliminary injunctions against all Samsung Galaxy smartphones. That ban goes into effect on October 13, 2011 and will arguably hurt much more than the Galaxy Tab ban. After all, smartphones are a much larger piece of Samsung's revenue than the Tab.
A final ruling on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 injunction will happen on September 9th.
Samsung just got some more bad news. A German court has upheld an earlier preliminary injunction on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Now Germany...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station