German court upholds injunction against Samsung tablets
Samsung just got some more bad news. A German court has upheld an earlier preliminary injunction on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Now Germany joins most of the rest of the EU on the list of countries that ban Samsung from selling its tablet. The injunction came as a result of Apple's legal moves to stop sales of the device, citing its similarities with the iPad.
This isn't the worst news of the month for Samsung, however. Last week a Dutch court ordered EU-wide preliminary injunctions against all Samsung Galaxy smartphones. That ban goes into effect on October 13, 2011 and will arguably hurt much more than the Galaxy Tab ban. After all, smartphones are a much larger piece of Samsung's revenue than the Tab.
A final ruling on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 injunction will happen on September 9th.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app