Flipboard for iPad looking to add TV shows, movies, more
Reuters reports that popular iPad magazine aggregation app Flipboard might soon expand beyond aggregating social media and RSS feeds and incorporate TV shows and movies into the app. Don't get too excited yet, though. Flipboard CEO Mike McCue said he plans to begin tackling Flipboard's video ambitions at the end of the year, so it's going to be a while before users see any streaming shows in the app.
McCue also said he eventually hopes to add ebooks to the Flipboard lineup if he can cut a deal with publishers. Additionally iPhone fans will be happy to hear that Flipboard is coming to the iPhone and the iPod touch "in a few weeks," according to Reuters.
Flipboard currently has over 3 million downloads, which speaks to the appeal of news aggregation apps. The field is quickly becoming a hot sector, with CNN reportedly set to buy Zite for up to US$25 million and AOL entering the fray with its AOL Editions app.
Reuters reports that popular iPad magazine aggregation app Flipboard might soon expand beyond aggregating social media and RSS feeds...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements