Flipboard for iPad looking to add TV shows, movies, more
Reuters reports that popular iPad magazine aggregation app Flipboard might soon expand beyond aggregating social media and RSS feeds and incorporate TV shows and movies into the app. Don't get too excited yet, though. Flipboard CEO Mike McCue said he plans to begin tackling Flipboard's video ambitions at the end of the year, so it's going to be a while before users see any streaming shows in the app.
McCue also said he eventually hopes to add ebooks to the Flipboard lineup if he can cut a deal with publishers. Additionally iPhone fans will be happy to hear that Flipboard is coming to the iPhone and the iPod touch "in a few weeks," according to Reuters.
Flipboard currently has over 3 million downloads, which speaks to the appeal of news aggregation apps. The field is quickly becoming a hot sector, with CNN reportedly set to buy Zite for up to US$25 million and AOL entering the fray with its AOL Editions app.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter