No Comment: Woman buys wooden iPad
This is a completely hypothetical situation: Someone in a McDonald's parking lot says he picked up an iPad for a cheap $300, and wonders if you'd want to buy it off of him for just $180. You decide why not (because reputable salesmen always just hang around in the parking lots of fast food places, right?), and take your new tablet home, only to find that it is in fact a wooden block, not the shiny piece of technology you'd hoped for. And what's more, it's not just a wooden block, but it's a dirty, makeshift fake iPad, complete with an Apple logo on the back, icons on the front, and some sort of weird fake Best Buy sales ticket. Sure, the thieves could have just sold you a brick in a box, but nope, they went all out on this one.
Wait, this isn't a hypothetical situation? It actually happened to an, erm, unfortunate lady in South Carolina? Oh. Wait, she really did buy an iPad for $180 from a couple of guys outside McDonald's? Oh. Well then. No comment.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options