iPhone-controlled robot vacuum transmits photos of its work
You can do almost everything from your iPhone, so it was only a matter of time you could clean your home with it.
LG is set to demo its iPhone-controllable Roboking VR680VMNC robaotic vacuum cleaner at IFA 2011 this week. The Roboking sports three cameras and multiple sensors, which allow it to capture video and send it back to your iPhone over your home's Wi-Fi connection. You can then use the video to select which areas you want Roboking to clean first.
According to SlashGear, the Roboking can also act as a sort of robotic sentry, streaming live video of your home to your iPhone so you can see what's going on while you're away. The Roboking VR680VMNC launches in Korea this fall for the equivilant of US$800. No word on when the device starts cleaning up America.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options