Foxconn will reportedly ship 20M iPads this quarter
DigiTimes is reporting that Foxconn is set to ship a reported 20 million iPads to Apple this quarter, which ends September 30th. If the report pans out, it would represent 60% sequential growth in shipments.
When Apple first unveiled the iPad 2, shipping times quickly rose to as high as 4-5 weeks due to overwhelming demand. It took until August 2nd for iPad 2 shipping times to hit 24 hours in Apple's online store.
Apple usually retains a tight control over inventory and if it has ordered 20 million iPads, it's likely Apple thinks it will sell at least 75% of those this quarter, which would be significantly higher than the 9.25 million iPads sold last quarter. Also, a fourth-quarter order of this size suggests optimism for sales during the all-important Q1, Apple's holiday quarter, which runs from October 1 to December 31st.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update