Hulu Plus app adds HDMI output for iPad 2
Hulu has updated its Hulu Plus iOS app, and this update provides the return of a feature that some users will really appreciate: HDMI output to video is back. That means that the Hulu app will now once again output HDMI video to a TV or monitor that you connect it to, so you can watch the service through your iPad wherever you are. Good stuff. The removal of the feature was likely the result of content restriction deals or platform issues, but Hulu has apparently resolved those problems, so HDMI away.
The app itself is free, but of course requires a Hulu Plus subscription to access the content. Glad to see this feature is back in, so those with the right setup can use it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options