Deutsche Telekom taking next-gen iPhone pre-orders
Deutsche Telekom (DT) has begun taking pre-orders for the so-called "iPhone 5," the next generation of Apple's immensely popular smartphone. Here's the odd part: it has barely more information than you or I do.
A spokesman for the carrier confirmed to Bloomberg that it's taking pre-orders as of today. Deutsche Telekom is concerned with supply shortages, and wants to help its customers secure one of the little guys.
DT admits that it does not now when the iPhone will be released, what it will be called (the Internet has dubbed it "iPhone 5," but Apple could call it "Shirley" for all we know), what the features will be and so on. Still, those who must ride the bleeding edge (in the dark even) have their chance.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options