Deutsche Telekom taking next-gen iPhone pre-orders
Deutsche Telekom (DT) has begun taking pre-orders for the so-called "iPhone 5," the next generation of Apple's immensely popular smartphone. Here's the odd part: it has barely more information than you or I do.
A spokesman for the carrier confirmed to Bloomberg that it's taking pre-orders as of today. Deutsche Telekom is concerned with supply shortages, and wants to help its customers secure one of the little guys.
DT admits that it does not now when the iPhone will be released, what it will be called (the Internet has dubbed it "iPhone 5," but Apple could call it "Shirley" for all we know), what the features will be and so on. Still, those who must ride the bleeding edge (in the dark even) have their chance.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options