DigiTimes: Apple likely to lead 2011 smartphone shipments
Who doesn't love estimates and projections? Digitimes Research projects Apple will surpass Nokia in terms of shipment volume in 2011, although total smartphone shipments overall are unsurprisingly projected to go up overall from 2010's totals.
Unfortunately for Nokia, Digitimes predicts its shipment volume will actually drop from 100 million units in 2010 to less than 75 million in 2011. Meanwhile, Apple's volume is expected to go up from 47.5 million in 2010 to 86.4 million in 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync