DigiTimes: Apple likely to lead 2011 smartphone shipments
Who doesn't love estimates and projections? Digitimes Research projects Apple will surpass Nokia in terms of shipment volume in 2011, although total smartphone shipments overall are unsurprisingly projected to go up overall from 2010's totals.
Unfortunately for Nokia, Digitimes predicts its shipment volume will actually drop from 100 million units in 2010 to less than 75 million in 2011. Meanwhile, Apple's volume is expected to go up from 47.5 million in 2010 to 86.4 million in 2011.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter