DigiTimes: Apple likely to lead 2011 smartphone shipments
Who doesn't love estimates and projections? Digitimes Research projects Apple will surpass Nokia in terms of shipment volume in 2011, although total smartphone shipments overall are unsurprisingly projected to go up overall from 2010's totals.
Unfortunately for Nokia, Digitimes predicts its shipment volume will actually drop from 100 million units in 2010 to less than 75 million in 2011. Meanwhile, Apple's volume is expected to go up from 47.5 million in 2010 to 86.4 million in 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options