Popularity of the MacBook Air to limit early Ultrabook production
Intel and its manufacturing partners are gearing up to launch its line of Ultrabooks, a thin notebook that'll compete with the MacBook Pro. Instead of a blow-out launch, a report from Digitimes suggests companies like Lenovo, Asus and Acer are taking a more conservative approach.
Ultrabook manufacturers have reportedly order a mere 50,000 units which will land in retail outlets this fall. These companies will gauge the acceptance of this new line before ramping up production. The popularity of the MacBook Air, which is quickly becoming one of Apple's best-selling model this year, is one factor contributing to this limited production.
Even if they can undercut the MacBook Air with a sub-$1000 price tag, notebook manufacturers may have a hard time competing with Apple's slim, but powerful MacBook Air model.
Intel and its manufacturing partners are gearing up to launch its line of Ultrabooks, a thin notebook that'll compete with the MacBook...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements