Popularity of the MacBook Air to limit early Ultrabook production
Intel and its manufacturing partners are gearing up to launch its line of Ultrabooks, a thin notebook that'll compete with the MacBook Pro. Instead of a blow-out launch, a report from Digitimes suggests companies like Lenovo, Asus and Acer are taking a more conservative approach.
Ultrabook manufacturers have reportedly order a mere 50,000 units which will land in retail outlets this fall. These companies will gauge the acceptance of this new line before ramping up production. The popularity of the MacBook Air, which is quickly becoming one of Apple's best-selling model this year, is one factor contributing to this limited production.
Even if they can undercut the MacBook Air with a sub-$1000 price tag, notebook manufacturers may have a hard time competing with Apple's slim, but powerful MacBook Air model.
Intel and its manufacturing partners are gearing up to launch its line of Ultrabooks, a thin notebook that'll compete with the MacBook...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update