Adobe to support iOS 5 Newsstand
Adobe has confirmed that it will support iOS 5's Newsstand publishing "soon after" the iOS update is released this fall. The company's Digital Publishing Suite works with Creative Suite 5.5 to create publications for the iPad, Android and RIM's PlayBook.
Users can expect files created with Adobe's tools to be recognized and downloaded by Newsstand. Plus, apps built with the Digital Publishing Suite can feature push notifications and covers as icons.
Again, there's no hard date set for release, but it sounds like Adobe wants everything ready to go soon after iOS 5 is available. Look for it then.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync