Apple asks Japan court to ban sale of Samsung phones
In a move that should surprise no one, Apple has asked a Japan court to ban the sale of Samsung phones. Specifically, Apple has filed a suit in Tokyo district court to halt sales of the Galaxy S and the S II, as well as the Galaxy Tab 7. The Cupertino company is after 100 million yen (about $1.3 million as of this writing) in damages in addition to the sales ban.
Of course, this isn't the first time these companies have had legal sparring in Japan. Samsung sued Apple last April. Apple then countersued in August. Action has also been taken in Germany and Australia.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options