Apple asks Japan court to ban sale of Samsung phones
In a move that should surprise no one, Apple has asked a Japan court to ban the sale of Samsung phones. Specifically, Apple has filed a suit in Tokyo district court to halt sales of the Galaxy S and the S II, as well as the Galaxy Tab 7. The Cupertino company is after 100 million yen (about $1.3 million as of this writing) in damages in addition to the sales ban.
Of course, this isn't the first time these companies have had legal sparring in Japan. Samsung sued Apple last April. Apple then countersued in August. Action has also been taken in Germany and Australia.
In a move that should surprise no one, Apple has asked a Japan court to ban the sale of Samsung phones. Specifically, Apple has filed...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station