Google releases an official Blogger iPhone app
A few days after the entire service had a redesign, Blogger now has something users have been waiting for for a while: an official iPhone app. Google has released the Blogger app to the App Store, and it's now available for download. The app allows you to do everything you'd expect with the Blogger service, including save, edit, and publish posts, as well as uploading pictures and adding location information.
It appears you can't edit any of your templates or HTML, or even manage comments from the app, so this isn't a full-service setup, just a way to quickly post from the road on your blog. There's no iPad version, either, though there are quite a few iPad apps out there that do support posting to Blogger directly.
Having an official app like this will probably be enough for a lot of people, especially for a relatively simple CMS like Blogger. The Blogger app is of course available for free.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync