iPhone ship times start to slip (Updated)
Update: As of this afternoon, the ship times are all back to 1 day. Perhaps the inventory lag was related to weather events or other externalities.
Customers looking to buy an iPhone 4 from Apple's online store will now have to wait 1-3 days for their handset to ship. This lengthened ship time extends to every model of the iPhone 4 that Apple sells. This across-the-board delay may be a sign that iPhone 4 inventory is dwindling as Apple prepares to launch the iPhone 5 in the upcoming weeks.
Rumors suggest the iPhone 5 may have the faster A5 processor like the iPad 2, an 8-megapixel camera and both CDMA and GSM connectivity. It is expected to be announced at Apple's fall event later this month and go on sale sometime in October.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)