iPhone ship times start to slip (Updated)
Update: As of this afternoon, the ship times are all back to 1 day. Perhaps the inventory lag was related to weather events or other externalities.
Customers looking to buy an iPhone 4 from Apple's online store will now have to wait 1-3 days for their handset to ship. This lengthened ship time extends to every model of the iPhone 4 that Apple sells. This across-the-board delay may be a sign that iPhone 4 inventory is dwindling as Apple prepares to launch the iPhone 5 in the upcoming weeks.
Rumors suggest the iPhone 5 may have the faster A5 processor like the iPad 2, an 8-megapixel camera and both CDMA and GSM connectivity. It is expected to be announced at Apple's fall event later this month and go on sale sometime in October.
Update: As of this afternoon, the ship times are all back to 1 day. Perhaps the inventory lag was related to weather events or other...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates