Apple removes shipping times for many online items
Apple's online storefront includes shipping times that give prospective customers an idea of how long they'll have to wait before an item arrives on their front door. Many Apple products no longer have an estimated ship date and are labeled as being "In Stock". The only products with a ship date are those with limited availability.
In the past, these shipping dates were used to estimate product inventory and guess when new products may be released. Earlier this week, savvy customers noticed the ship dates for the iPhone 4 slipped from 24 hours to 1-3 days. This kicked off a round of speculation that Apple was clearing inventory of the iPhone 4 before the launch of the iPhone 5.
Likely tired of these rampant rumors, Apple has removed these ship dates leaving customers and rumormongers in the dark about product inventory.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free