Bloomberg: Sprint to sell iPhone with unlimited data
A rumor from Bloomberg suggests Sprint will sell the iPhone 5 with an unlimited data plan. The #3 wireless carrier in the US could use this plan to lure customers from competitors AT&T and Verizon Wireless. These two competing carriers already sell the iPhone with tiered data plans. If this rumor pans out, it'll leave T-Mobile as the one remaining US carrier without the iPhone. The absence of the iPhone on T-Mobile may not really matter as AT&T is in the process of buying the #4 wireless carrier.
Sprint, and the other wireless carriers, are expected to sell the iPhone 5 in mid-October. The next generation iPhone will likely be announced at Apple's annual Fall music event a few weeks before it goes on sale.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync