Bloomberg: Sprint to sell iPhone with unlimited data
A rumor from Bloomberg suggests Sprint will sell the iPhone 5 with an unlimited data plan. The #3 wireless carrier in the US could use this plan to lure customers from competitors AT&T and Verizon Wireless. These two competing carriers already sell the iPhone with tiered data plans. If this rumor pans out, it'll leave T-Mobile as the one remaining US carrier without the iPhone. The absence of the iPhone on T-Mobile may not really matter as AT&T is in the process of buying the #4 wireless carrier.
Sprint, and the other wireless carriers, are expected to sell the iPhone 5 in mid-October. The next generation iPhone will likely be announced at Apple's annual Fall music event a few weeks before it goes on sale.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter