You're the Pundit: When will iOS 5 debut?
Other sites have rumors and speculation. We have the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is iOS 5. When exactly will this new firmware launch?
So far, Apple has shipped seven iOS 5 betas. Will we see an eighth or ninth beta? Or is it time for the Gold Master release candidate? And if so, how long until iOS debuts and is distributed to consumers? Will it be in synchrony with a new iPhone?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your predictions.
|Almost immediately. That baby is ready to ship.||202 (3.4%)|
|Apple hasn\'t even released a Gold Master yet. At least two weeks from now. Say around the 23rd.||1160 (19.3%)|
|You have to give Apple Reviewers time to start looking at iOS 5 items for App Store. No earlier than the end of the month.||472 (7.9%)|
|Apple is going to sit on iOS 5 into October so it can launch at the same time as the new iPhone.||4018 (67.0%)|
|Something else. I will tell you in the comments.||149 (2.5%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options