Apple adds Quick Reads section to iBookstore, promotes short e-books
Apple has added a new "Quick Reads" section to the iBookstore, promoting short, inexpensive titles. The collection includes everything from manuals to short stories, each selling for US$5 or less.
Amazon has featured short (typically 5,000 words or so), inexpensive titles as "Kindle Singles" for some time at approximately the same price point. It's unclear if Apple's Quick Reads are a direct response to Amazon's efforts, for if it's experimenting with brief, low-cost titles.
If you've got an iPad and an inclination towards a book you can finish in a sitting, you might find one to suit your fancy there.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free