Apple adds Quick Reads section to iBookstore, promotes short e-books
Apple has added a new "Quick Reads" section to the iBookstore, promoting short, inexpensive titles. The collection includes everything from manuals to short stories, each selling for US$5 or less.
Amazon has featured short (typically 5,000 words or so), inexpensive titles as "Kindle Singles" for some time at approximately the same price point. It's unclear if Apple's Quick Reads are a direct response to Amazon's efforts, for if it's experimenting with brief, low-cost titles.
If you've got an iPad and an inclination towards a book you can finish in a sitting, you might find one to suit your fancy there.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)