Survey shows iPhone 5 anticipation is high
It's no secret that customers are eagerly awaiting the next iPhone. It's another thing to support that theory with some empirical data.
Philip Elmer-Dewitt points out a survey conducted by ChangeWave last month. The group queried 2,200 potential iPhone customers and found that 31% of participants said they were very/somewhat likely to buy the iPhone 5. That percentage exceeds a similar measure of iPhone 4 pre-launch demand of 25%.
Additionally, 66% of current iPhone owners surveyed said they intend to buy the new version. More than half of Sprint and T-Mobile customers surveyed -- 54% and 53%, respectively -- said they are significantly/more likely to buy an iPhone if those carries offer it.
As for the iPad, it's hot for back-to-school. Participants in ChangeWave's survey who intend to buy a tablet overwhelmingly indicated interest in the iPad, as seen below.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter