Survey shows iPhone 5 anticipation is high
It's no secret that customers are eagerly awaiting the next iPhone. It's another thing to support that theory with some empirical data.
Philip Elmer-Dewitt points out a survey conducted by ChangeWave last month. The group queried 2,200 potential iPhone customers and found that 31% of participants said they were very/somewhat likely to buy the iPhone 5. That percentage exceeds a similar measure of iPhone 4 pre-launch demand of 25%.
Additionally, 66% of current iPhone owners surveyed said they intend to buy the new version. More than half of Sprint and T-Mobile customers surveyed -- 54% and 53%, respectively -- said they are significantly/more likely to buy an iPhone if those carries offer it.
As for the iPad, it's hot for back-to-school. Participants in ChangeWave's survey who intend to buy a tablet overwhelmingly indicated interest in the iPad, as seen below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free