Ngmoco acquires Lionside, maker of sports games on Facebook
iPhone mobile game publisher Ngmoco has confirmed that it has acquired Lionside, the San Fransisco-based maker of social networking sports games on Facebook. Ngmoco is the maker of over 20 popular iPhone games, including Rolando and Rolando 2: Quest for the Golden Orchid.
There's no word on how much the acquisition cost the iPhone game maker, but a Ngmoco spokesperson did confirm to InsideMobileApps that it did indeed acquire Lionside. Lionside's website and Facebook Page have already been taken offline. Lionside is best known for their Facebook game NBA Legend, which at one point had as many as one million active monthly users. Though no plans have been announced it's reasonable to assume that ngmoco will bring NBA Legend and other sports games to the iPhone platform in the future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs