Ngmoco acquires Lionside, maker of sports games on Facebook
iPhone mobile game publisher Ngmoco has confirmed that it has acquired Lionside, the San Fransisco-based maker of social networking sports games on Facebook. Ngmoco is the maker of over 20 popular iPhone games, including Rolando and Rolando 2: Quest for the Golden Orchid.
There's no word on how much the acquisition cost the iPhone game maker, but a Ngmoco spokesperson did confirm to InsideMobileApps that it did indeed acquire Lionside. Lionside's website and Facebook Page have already been taken offline. Lionside is best known for their Facebook game NBA Legend, which at one point had as many as one million active monthly users. Though no plans have been announced it's reasonable to assume that ngmoco will bring NBA Legend and other sports games to the iPhone platform in the future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update