Nintendo: iOS apps "absolutely not under consideration"
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed to a Japanese news organization that the games maker will not develop games for iOS. When asked about Nintendo creating games for iOS, the Nintendo head said, "This is absolutely not under consideration."
This comment follows months of discussion about Nintendo's future in the portable gaming market. Once the reigning champion with the Gameboy, Nintendo is struggling. Sales of the 3DS are lagging and its stock has taken a hit. In August, shareholders supposedly demanded Nintendo consider iOS as a platform for its games. Back then, Iwata said that won't happen as long as he's in charge and judging from his recent statement, his stance has not changed.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter