Nintendo: iOS apps "absolutely not under consideration"
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed to a Japanese news organization that the games maker will not develop games for iOS. When asked about Nintendo creating games for iOS, the Nintendo head said, "This is absolutely not under consideration."
This comment follows months of discussion about Nintendo's future in the portable gaming market. Once the reigning champion with the Gameboy, Nintendo is struggling. Sales of the 3DS are lagging and its stock has taken a hit. In August, shareholders supposedly demanded Nintendo consider iOS as a platform for its games. Back then, Iwata said that won't happen as long as he's in charge and judging from his recent statement, his stance has not changed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options