Nintendo: iOS apps "absolutely not under consideration"
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed to a Japanese news organization that the games maker will not develop games for iOS. When asked about Nintendo creating games for iOS, the Nintendo head said, "This is absolutely not under consideration."
This comment follows months of discussion about Nintendo's future in the portable gaming market. Once the reigning champion with the Gameboy, Nintendo is struggling. Sales of the 3DS are lagging and its stock has taken a hit. In August, shareholders supposedly demanded Nintendo consider iOS as a platform for its games. Back then, Iwata said that won't happen as long as he's in charge and judging from his recent statement, his stance has not changed.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client