Nintendo: iOS apps "absolutely not under consideration"
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata confirmed to a Japanese news organization that the games maker will not develop games for iOS. When asked about Nintendo creating games for iOS, the Nintendo head said, "This is absolutely not under consideration."
This comment follows months of discussion about Nintendo's future in the portable gaming market. Once the reigning champion with the Gameboy, Nintendo is struggling. Sales of the 3DS are lagging and its stock has taken a hit. In August, shareholders supposedly demanded Nintendo consider iOS as a platform for its games. Back then, Iwata said that won't happen as long as he's in charge and judging from his recent statement, his stance has not changed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update