Qantas tests iPad as in-flight entertainment
Starting in October, customers on select Qantas flights will be able to choose an iPad for their in-flight entertainment. The iPads will come with pre-loaded TV shows, movies and music to help pass the time on the plane. Eventually, Qantas hopes to deliver this multimedia content wirelessly so passengers can use their own device to watch in-flight movies and listen music while flying.
Qantas is not the only airline to offer iPads to their travelers. Jetstar is renting iPads to passengers on their A320 flights in Australia and Asia and British Airways is handing out the tablet to passengers in First Class and Business Class.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync