Qantas tests iPad as in-flight entertainment
Starting in October, customers on select Qantas flights will be able to choose an iPad for their in-flight entertainment. The iPads will come with pre-loaded TV shows, movies and music to help pass the time on the plane. Eventually, Qantas hopes to deliver this multimedia content wirelessly so passengers can use their own device to watch in-flight movies and listen music while flying.
Qantas is not the only airline to offer iPads to their travelers. Jetstar is renting iPads to passengers on their A320 flights in Australia and Asia and British Airways is handing out the tablet to passengers in First Class and Business Class.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options