Apple's patent win over HTC will be reviewed by U.S. Trade Agency
According to a report from Bloomberg, the ITC will re-examine an earlier decision that HTC infringed on two Apple patents. The six member commission has the power to either overturn or confirm the original decision. If it's upheld, this could lead to a ban on the sales of HTC's Android devices in the US.
HTC is allegedly infringing on patents involving data transmission and the identification of phone numbers in an email. HTC was found not to be infringing on two other patents that focused on object oriented programming As expected, HTC is pleased with the board's decision to review the case. The commission now has until December 6 to make a decision.
According to a report from Bloomberg, the ITC will re-examine an earlier decision that HTC infringed on two Apple patents. The six...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update