Apple's patent win over HTC will be reviewed by U.S. Trade Agency
According to a report from Bloomberg, the ITC will re-examine an earlier decision that HTC infringed on two Apple patents. The six member commission has the power to either overturn or confirm the original decision. If it's upheld, this could lead to a ban on the sales of HTC's Android devices in the US.
HTC is allegedly infringing on patents involving data transmission and the identification of phone numbers in an email. HTC was found not to be infringing on two other patents that focused on object oriented programming As expected, HTC is pleased with the board's decision to review the case. The commission now has until December 6 to make a decision.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature