Apple's patent win over HTC will be reviewed by U.S. Trade Agency
According to a report from Bloomberg, the ITC will re-examine an earlier decision that HTC infringed on two Apple patents. The six member commission has the power to either overturn or confirm the original decision. If it's upheld, this could lead to a ban on the sales of HTC's Android devices in the US.
HTC is allegedly infringing on patents involving data transmission and the identification of phone numbers in an email. HTC was found not to be infringing on two other patents that focused on object oriented programming As expected, HTC is pleased with the board's decision to review the case. The commission now has until December 6 to make a decision.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter