Google: iOS Google+ hangouts "coming soon"
Google is pushing out a significant update to its Google+ social network that will improve both its website and mobile versions. For iOS users, the Google+ app is getting Hangout support. Similar to Facetime and Skype, hangouts will let users chat with their friends using the front-facing camera. This feature is already present in the Android version and will be available for iOS soon.
Besides mobile hangouts, Google + also includes a new "on air" hangout feature that lets you broadcast your video stream to a wider audience. Other smaller features include screen sharing, Google Doc integration, and the ability to name hangouts. Best of all, Google + is now open to everyone without invitation.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature