Google: iOS Google+ hangouts "coming soon"
Google is pushing out a significant update to its Google+ social network that will improve both its website and mobile versions. For iOS users, the Google+ app is getting Hangout support. Similar to Facetime and Skype, hangouts will let users chat with their friends using the front-facing camera. This feature is already present in the Android version and will be available for iOS soon.
Besides mobile hangouts, Google + also includes a new "on air" hangout feature that lets you broadcast your video stream to a wider audience. Other smaller features include screen sharing, Google Doc integration, and the ability to name hangouts. Best of all, Google + is now open to everyone without invitation.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter