Whiteboard plus paint equals huge iPad at app agency
The above picture was taken in the offices of Appency, a PR firm that helps market and sell mobile apps, including iPhone and iPad apps. It's indeed a big iPad, though instead of a functioning touchscreen, the whole thing is actually a working whiteboard painted onto the wall. Founder Aaron Watkins tells TUAW that the studio moved into its new offices a couple of months ago, and decided to use a substance called IdeaPaint to literally paint a whiteboard on the wall.
Originally, they wanted to paint two whole walls with the stuff, but it's pretty pricey, so instead, design intern Lorin Estes had the idea to turn the whole thing into a giant (to scale, we're told) iPad. Pretty awesome -- though not quite as portable as the real thing.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter