Apple special event forecast for October 4
The sense of something coming soon grows stronger, as AllThingsD cites "sources close to the situation" saying that Apple's next media event will be held October 4. The hypothetical event, for which no invitations have yet been issued, would presumably be the venue where the next generation of the iPhone is announced to the world. Those same or similar sources also told ATD's John Paczkowski that the new phone would ship several weeks after the event.
As important as the iPhone announcement is to Apple's performance over the next year, the host of the event is equally important. ATD says, unsurprisingly, that Tim Cook will be presiding over the announcement presentation. The newly promoted CEO will have some big shoes to fill on the presentation side, but no word yet whether he's planning to don the ceremonial black sweater.
We judge this report largely credible; it correlates with the dates that have been bandied about, and ATD usually has good sources (some via the elder statesman of the tech beat, Uncle Walt Mossberg). Mark your calendars.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time