iPhone, Android users concerned about security
According to a survey from the NPD group, iPhone and Android users have one thing in common - they are both concerned about the security of their mobile phones. About 40% of of iOS and Android users are concerned about credit card theft, mobile device hacking, and more.
Though people are aware of potential threats to their mobile phone, only a handful do something about it. The survey reveals that 25% of smartphone owners and 35% of iPhone owners have no idea how to secure their handset. Those that are aware of mobile security solutions, 25% won't install a security product because the software is too expensive.
This "ignorance is bliss" attitude may be sifficient for the time being as mobile security is in its infancy and real-world threats are minimal. As smartphones become a bigger target for hackers, the need for mobile security will likely increase to a critical level.
According to a survey from the NPD group, iPhone and Android users have one thing in common - they are both concerned about the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free