Daily iPhone App: Another World
Yep, it's out -- Another World has finally made it to iOS, in a special anniversary edition celebrating the game's 1991 debut. The game features completely remade graphics, sounds and effects, and you can switch between the original graphics and updated HD display at any time. There are now three difficulty modes to play with, and there are even Game Center achievements added in to the mix.
Nearly all the ratings on the app are positive so far, and while I was never really a big fan of the original game (I definitely think it's a great achievement, though the style of gameplay never appealed to me), I can appreciate the fact that we now have it playable on iOS. The app is available in a universal version for US$4.99 right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free