YouTube testing new mobile layout
Of course, everyone's got the official YouTube app already installed on the iPhone, and whenever you want to browse the extremely popular video-sharing site, that's probably the best way to do it. But I often see YouTube videos on my phone when following links in email or on Twitter, and so I'm glad to hear that Google is playing around with testing a brand new YouTube layout. The new design is streamlined and darkened, and allows users to like, favorite, subscribe to a channel or comment on videos. All of the usual features, such as playlists and the dashboard, feature the new look as well.
The only catch is that you have to opt in to the new look for now, but the good news is that you can do that on mobile Safari through the URL http://m.youtube.com/new_visual_design. The new update is sleeker and makes browsing YouTube in mobile Safari environment a little easier on the eyes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update