YouTube testing new mobile layout
Of course, everyone's got the official YouTube app already installed on the iPhone, and whenever you want to browse the extremely popular video-sharing site, that's probably the best way to do it. But I often see YouTube videos on my phone when following links in email or on Twitter, and so I'm glad to hear that Google is playing around with testing a brand new YouTube layout. The new design is streamlined and darkened, and allows users to like, favorite, subscribe to a channel or comment on videos. All of the usual features, such as playlists and the dashboard, feature the new look as well.
The only catch is that you have to opt in to the new look for now, but the good news is that you can do that on mobile Safari through the URL http://m.youtube.com/new_visual_design. The new update is sleeker and makes browsing YouTube in mobile Safari environment a little easier on the eyes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync