Apple officially announces iPhone event for Oct. 4
Jim Dalrymple of The Loop has received an invitation from Apple (pictured below) for a press event to announce the new iPhone. It will occur on October 4 at Apple's campus in Cupertino, starting at 10:00 AM PT.
Please note that Apple's typically terse invitation simply says "iPhone." No "5," no "4," no "S." Which model(s) will be discussed? Well, that's the surprise, now isn't it?
We can't let this pass without a little wild speculation. While rumors suggest that the next iPhone will feature dramatically improved voice recognition, that "talk" could have a double meaning. Toss in a comma* and you get "Let's talk, iPhone."
We'll have full coverage on the fourth. Here we go, folks.
*Yes, I know the comma isn't really there. Don't spoil my fun.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)