Apple officially announces iPhone event for Oct. 4
Jim Dalrymple of The Loop has received an invitation from Apple (pictured below) for a press event to announce the new iPhone. It will occur on October 4 at Apple's campus in Cupertino, starting at 10:00 AM PT.
Please note that Apple's typically terse invitation simply says "iPhone." No "5," no "4," no "S." Which model(s) will be discussed? Well, that's the surprise, now isn't it?
We can't let this pass without a little wild speculation. While rumors suggest that the next iPhone will feature dramatically improved voice recognition, that "talk" could have a double meaning. Toss in a comma* and you get "Let's talk, iPhone."
We'll have full coverage on the fourth. Here we go, folks.
*Yes, I know the comma isn't really there. Don't spoil my fun.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter