Minecraft Pocket Edition headed to iOS later this year
We've been waiting awhile for an official Minecraft client for iOS, and it looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer. According to Pocket Gamer, Minecraft - Pocket Edition will debut for Android devices on September 29, but Minecraft developer Mojang has offered only a vague "before the end of the year" launch for iOS.
Minecraft - Pocket Edition has been an exclusive for Xperia Play so far, but its wider launch on Android devices means it's just a matter of time before the game comes to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
A video of Minecraft - Pocket Edition running on a phone from Sony Ericsson is embedded below. The controls look quite intuitive, and scrolling around seems very smooth. If you're already addicted to Minecraft, things are only going to get worse for you later this year when you can take the game with you wherever you go.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter