Samsung tablet to face further delay in Australia
Samsung was handed down another setback in its Australian court battle with Apple. Last month, the South Korean company decided to voluntarily delay the launch of the Galaxy Tab in Australia until Federal Court Justice Annabelle Bennett could make a decision on Apple's request for an injunction. A hearing was held yesterday and Bennett has said she may grant Apple a short injunction to give her time to review the legal arguments presented by both sides in this case. This delay could push out the launch of the Galaxy Tab into next month.
Instead of waiting for her decision, Bennet urged the two sides to start their patent infringement case as soon as possible. Samsung's legal counsel David Catterns notes that a patent case could last well into next year, until the
iPad Galaxy Tab 9 is being sold, but the company is not backing down against Apple. "This is a high-stakes fight," Catterns said, "This is where we draw the line."
Samsung was handed down another setback in its Australian court battle with Apple. Last month, the South Korean company decided to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free