Verizon says Apple's injunction against Samsung will harm consumers
Apple is currently seeking an injunction that would the ban the sale of select Samsung devices in the US. Verizon has stood against Apple and publicly supported Samsung with its statement that an injunction against Samsung "will harm Verizon Wireless and US consumers."
The wireless carrier also argues that an injunction could slow the deployment of its 4G LTE network, a situation that goes against the government's National Broadband Plan. Apple has not responded to this statement and the other wireless carriers have not said whether they will also take sides in this case.
A major legal battle between Samsung and Apple is being waged in the US and in other countries around the world. In Germany, Apple has successfully blocked Samsung from selling its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. A similar lawsuit is still pending in Japan and Australia where sales of the Galaxy Tab are on hold. The next hearing in the US case is expected to occur on October 13.
Apple is currently seeking an injunction that would the ban the sale of select Samsung devices in the US. Verizon has stood against...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free