Verizon says Apple's injunction against Samsung will harm consumers
Apple is currently seeking an injunction that would the ban the sale of select Samsung devices in the US. Verizon has stood against Apple and publicly supported Samsung with its statement that an injunction against Samsung "will harm Verizon Wireless and US consumers."
The wireless carrier also argues that an injunction could slow the deployment of its 4G LTE network, a situation that goes against the government's National Broadband Plan. Apple has not responded to this statement and the other wireless carriers have not said whether they will also take sides in this case.
A major legal battle between Samsung and Apple is being waged in the US and in other countries around the world. In Germany, Apple has successfully blocked Samsung from selling its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. A similar lawsuit is still pending in Japan and Australia where sales of the Galaxy Tab are on hold. The next hearing in the US case is expected to occur on October 13.
Apple is currently seeking an injunction that would the ban the sale of select Samsung devices in the US. Verizon has stood against...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update