Verizon says Apple's injunction against Samsung will harm consumers
Apple is currently seeking an injunction that would the ban the sale of select Samsung devices in the US. Verizon has stood against Apple and publicly supported Samsung with its statement that an injunction against Samsung "will harm Verizon Wireless and US consumers."
The wireless carrier also argues that an injunction could slow the deployment of its 4G LTE network, a situation that goes against the government's National Broadband Plan. Apple has not responded to this statement and the other wireless carriers have not said whether they will also take sides in this case.
A major legal battle between Samsung and Apple is being waged in the US and in other countries around the world. In Germany, Apple has successfully blocked Samsung from selling its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. A similar lawsuit is still pending in Japan and Australia where sales of the Galaxy Tab are on hold. The next hearing in the US case is expected to occur on October 13.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter