Verizon says Apple's injunction against Samsung will harm consumers
Apple is currently seeking an injunction that would the ban the sale of select Samsung devices in the US. Verizon has stood against Apple and publicly supported Samsung with its statement that an injunction against Samsung "will harm Verizon Wireless and US consumers."
The wireless carrier also argues that an injunction could slow the deployment of its 4G LTE network, a situation that goes against the government's National Broadband Plan. Apple has not responded to this statement and the other wireless carriers have not said whether they will also take sides in this case.
A major legal battle between Samsung and Apple is being waged in the US and in other countries around the world. In Germany, Apple has successfully blocked Samsung from selling its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. A similar lawsuit is still pending in Japan and Australia where sales of the Galaxy Tab are on hold. The next hearing in the US case is expected to occur on October 13.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV