Apple is second "coolest brand" in UK survey
A new survey from CoolBrands finds that Aston Martin is the "coolest" brand in the UK, with Apple in second place. You can't really compete with James Bonds's car, can you?
How does one define "cool," especially in a survey? The BBC explains the researchers' definition: "Stephen Cheliotis, chairman of the CoolBrands Expert Council, said: 'Cool is subjective and personal. But being identified as a Cool Brand by the British public and a panel of influential opinion formers implies it is a brand that most Brits wish to own.
'Votes are based on a wide criteria of factors but these brands are clearly delivering cool in the eyes of consumers and influencers alike,' he said."
Other tech brands in the top ten were Bang & Olufsen, BlackBerry, Google and YouTube. Harley-Davidson was in the third spot, just behind Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV