Apple opposes Verizon's timing in Samsung case
Late last week, Verizon Wireless stepped into the heated battle between Apple and Samsung. The wireless carrier asked the federal court if it could file a brief in support of Samsung. In its brief. Verizon said an injection against Samsung would be harmful to US wireless customers and could stunt the growth of Verizon's 4G network. Apple responded to this filing on Tuesday and asked the court to either throw out the brief or allow Apple until October 6 to respond.
In its response, Apple does not address the validity of Verizon's claims. It's primary concern is the timing of the filing. Apple claims Verizon incorrectly filed the brief with the federal court instead of the appellate court and it filed it too late. According to the Apple, Verizon should have filed the brief by the end of August.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync