Apple opposes Verizon's timing in Samsung case
Late last week, Verizon Wireless stepped into the heated battle between Apple and Samsung. The wireless carrier asked the federal court if it could file a brief in support of Samsung. In its brief. Verizon said an injection against Samsung would be harmful to US wireless customers and could stunt the growth of Verizon's 4G network. Apple responded to this filing on Tuesday and asked the court to either throw out the brief or allow Apple until October 6 to respond.
In its response, Apple does not address the validity of Verizon's claims. It's primary concern is the timing of the filing. Apple claims Verizon incorrectly filed the brief with the federal court instead of the appellate court and it filed it too late. According to the Apple, Verizon should have filed the brief by the end of August.
Late last week, Verizon Wireless stepped into the heated battle between Apple and Samsung. The wireless carrier asked the federal...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs