Daily iPad App: Cars
Cars.com has launched a free iPad app called Cars to help you find your next automobile.
The app features reviews from the Cars.com editors, as well as side-by-side comparisons of up to three vehicles with videos, specs, and costs. When you select a car, a section on the right lists cars that are similar in type, price and specifications.
After you price the car you like, you can see what's in stock near your zip code and ask for a quote. The app also lets you find used cars.
The app was stable, but not every car had full reviews. There was a like/dislike section, but it didn't go into the level of depth I'd like to see. Videos were sometimes quite slow coming up, but as they say in the auto biz, "your mileage may vary". The app also works only one way in landscape view, with the home button to the left. Hopefully an update will let me hold my iPad the way I want to.
Cars is a nice app for shopping and comparing, but I'd go elsewhere for more in-depth reviews. I like the free Edmunds Inside Line app, which is universal for iPad and iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)