Cisco will launch free iPad, iPhone video app
Cisco is set to launch a free iPad and iPhone video app in late October, according to ComputerWorld. The free app will allow users of Cisco's Show and Share software to upload, view, and exchange videos with each other.
Show and Share, which is currently available on some Android tablets, allows enterprise customers to create highly secure personalized video communities. In these personalized "YouTubes," companies can share ideas from around the world by allowing employees to create and upload videos that other employees in the same communities can view.
In the desktop version of Show and Share, users are able to edit video they record before uploading it and also add transcripts to it. There's no word yet if any basic editing or transcription capabilities will be available in the iPad or iPhone versions of Show and Share.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter