Reminder: AT&T data throttling begins Oct. 1
Just a reminder that starting Saturday, AT&T will begin throttling customers who use excessive data on their unlimited plans. Customers identified as bandwidth hogs will have their speeds reduced for the remainder of their billing cycle. Once a new cycle starts, full service will be restored.
AT&T says these changes should affect only 5 percent of its customers. It will send out notices and give customers a grace period before it throttles an account. AT&T is not the only carrier with a throttle policy. Both Virgin Mobile and Verizon Wireless recently introduced similar bandwidth throttling policies.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration