Samsung reportedly offers Apple deal to end dispute
The Wall Street Journal claims Samsung has offered a deal to Apple that would let the tablet maker sell its Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. Terms of the deal were not released, but it supposedly will "comfort" Apple. Other details suggest it won't stop the litigation, but will temporarily avoid an injunction. The isn't exactly what Samsung wanted, but it will get the Galaxy Tab on retail shelves during the holiday shopping season.
Samsung is motivated to negotiate and avoid an injunction in yet another country. Apple already won an injunction in Germany and Samsung had to pull the tablet from market. Samsung also faces similar lawsuits in the US, Japan and South Korea.
The Wall Street Journal claims Samsung has offered a deal to Apple that would let the tablet maker sell its Galaxy Tab 10.1 in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free