Samsung reportedly offers Apple deal to end dispute
The Wall Street Journal claims Samsung has offered a deal to Apple that would let the tablet maker sell its Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. Terms of the deal were not released, but it supposedly will "comfort" Apple. Other details suggest it won't stop the litigation, but will temporarily avoid an injunction. The isn't exactly what Samsung wanted, but it will get the Galaxy Tab on retail shelves during the holiday shopping season.
Samsung is motivated to negotiate and avoid an injunction in yet another country. Apple already won an injunction in Germany and Samsung had to pull the tablet from market. Samsung also faces similar lawsuits in the US, Japan and South Korea.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration