Analysts predict big iPhone sales as press event nears
Apple will reveal its new iPhone tomorrow and analysts are already predicting a buying frenzy. These are predictions, of course, but there's no denying the anticipation felt by many Apple fans.
The first comes from Janney Capital Markets analyst Bill Choi, who brandishes a huge number about. He suggests that Apple will sell as many as 107 million iPhones in 2012. Bill cites the potential of yet untapped providers and the audiences they would bring.
"There are still a handful of major carriers worldwide that have yet to carry the iPhone. Potential deals with Sprint (52.1M subscribers), T-mobile (33.6M subscribers), China Mobile (628M subscribers) and other large international carriers pose a catalyst to fuel iPhone ￼sales," he told All Things D.
Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White is also enthusiastic about sales potential, identifying the fall release date as a contributing factor. White suggests that "pent up demand" experienced by those who expected a June or July release could break Apple's single-day sales record of 1.7 million iPhones.
We'll know soon enough, and we'll cover tomorrow's press event for you. See you then!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter