Analysts predict big iPhone sales as press event nears
Apple will reveal its new iPhone tomorrow and analysts are already predicting a buying frenzy. These are predictions, of course, but there's no denying the anticipation felt by many Apple fans.
The first comes from Janney Capital Markets analyst Bill Choi, who brandishes a huge number about. He suggests that Apple will sell as many as 107 million iPhones in 2012. Bill cites the potential of yet untapped providers and the audiences they would bring.
"There are still a handful of major carriers worldwide that have yet to carry the iPhone. Potential deals with Sprint (52.1M subscribers), T-mobile (33.6M subscribers), China Mobile (628M subscribers) and other large international carriers pose a catalyst to fuel iPhone ￼sales," he told All Things D.
Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White is also enthusiastic about sales potential, identifying the fall release date as a contributing factor. White suggests that "pent up demand" experienced by those who expected a June or July release could break Apple's single-day sales record of 1.7 million iPhones.
We'll know soon enough, and we'll cover tomorrow's press event for you. See you then!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free