Analysts predict big iPhone sales as press event nears
Apple will reveal its new iPhone tomorrow and analysts are already predicting a buying frenzy. These are predictions, of course, but there's no denying the anticipation felt by many Apple fans.
The first comes from Janney Capital Markets analyst Bill Choi, who brandishes a huge number about. He suggests that Apple will sell as many as 107 million iPhones in 2012. Bill cites the potential of yet untapped providers and the audiences they would bring.
"There are still a handful of major carriers worldwide that have yet to carry the iPhone. Potential deals with Sprint (52.1M subscribers), T-mobile (33.6M subscribers), China Mobile (628M subscribers) and other large international carriers pose a catalyst to fuel iPhone ￼sales," he told All Things D.
Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White is also enthusiastic about sales potential, identifying the fall release date as a contributing factor. White suggests that "pent up demand" experienced by those who expected a June or July release could break Apple's single-day sales record of 1.7 million iPhones.
We'll know soon enough, and we'll cover tomorrow's press event for you. See you then!
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved