Run Photoshop on an iPad with VMWare's AppBlast
VMWare is hosting its VMWorld 2011 event in Copenhagen later on this month, but the company's blog has posted a preview of what it'll be revealing. And one of the projects in particular is quite interesting: Project AppBlast purports to turn non-HTML based applications (like those currently running on your Mac) into HTML 5 apps. If this works as described, you could essentially run any or all of your applications on any device with a browser on it -- which of course would include your iPad and iPhone.
You can see a screenshot of the service above. VMWare promises it will provide access to all of your apps from the cloud, which is obviously an intriguing proposition. We'll have to see exactly how it all works once it's all revealed. VMWorld 2011 starts up on October 18.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options