Run Photoshop on an iPad with VMWare's AppBlast
VMWare is hosting its VMWorld 2011 event in Copenhagen later on this month, but the company's blog has posted a preview of what it'll be revealing. And one of the projects in particular is quite interesting: Project AppBlast purports to turn non-HTML based applications (like those currently running on your Mac) into HTML 5 apps. If this works as described, you could essentially run any or all of your applications on any device with a browser on it -- which of course would include your iPad and iPhone.
You can see a screenshot of the service above. VMWare promises it will provide access to all of your apps from the cloud, which is obviously an intriguing proposition. We'll have to see exactly how it all works once it's all revealed. VMWorld 2011 starts up on October 18.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter