Run Photoshop on an iPad with VMWare's AppBlast
VMWare is hosting its VMWorld 2011 event in Copenhagen later on this month, but the company's blog has posted a preview of what it'll be revealing. And one of the projects in particular is quite interesting: Project AppBlast purports to turn non-HTML based applications (like those currently running on your Mac) into HTML 5 apps. If this works as described, you could essentially run any or all of your applications on any device with a browser on it -- which of course would include your iPad and iPhone.
You can see a screenshot of the service above. VMWare promises it will provide access to all of your apps from the cloud, which is obviously an intriguing proposition. We'll have to see exactly how it all works once it's all revealed. VMWorld 2011 starts up on October 18.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update