Run Photoshop on an iPad with VMWare's AppBlast
VMWare is hosting its VMWorld 2011 event in Copenhagen later on this month, but the company's blog has posted a preview of what it'll be revealing. And one of the projects in particular is quite interesting: Project AppBlast purports to turn non-HTML based applications (like those currently running on your Mac) into HTML 5 apps. If this works as described, you could essentially run any or all of your applications on any device with a browser on it -- which of course would include your iPad and iPhone.
You can see a screenshot of the service above. VMWare promises it will provide access to all of your apps from the cloud, which is obviously an intriguing proposition. We'll have to see exactly how it all works once it's all revealed. VMWorld 2011 starts up on October 18.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements