8 GB iPhone 3GS now free with contract, iPhone 4 price dropped
With the announcement of the new iPhone 4S today, Apple has also dropped the price on the previous versions of the iPhone. The iPhone 3GS version with 8 GB of memory is now down to the low, low price of absolutely free (as long as you're willing to sign up on a two-year contract with the cellphone service providers), so you've really got no excuse to join the rest of us in the smartphone future.
The iPhone 4 has had a price drop as well -- the 8 GB version is now just $99. Apple's iPhone is cheaper than ever, and while yes, you won't be able to run some of the sexiest new features with these older phones, they're still excellent devices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs