Steve Jobs gave President Obama a pre-release iPad 2
Image via White House Flickr account
In an interview with ABC, US President Obama said that Steve Jobs personally gave him an iPad 2 a couple of weeks before it was unveiled. This timing would line up with the dinner Obama had with Silicon Valley luminaries like then-Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, along with Jobs (who was seated to the left of the president).
In the picture above, the White House has confirmed the president is carrying an iPad 2. Not a bad perk of the job, if you ask me.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV