Steve Jobs gave President Obama a pre-release iPad 2
Image via White House Flickr account
In an interview with ABC, US President Obama said that Steve Jobs personally gave him an iPad 2 a couple of weeks before it was unveiled. This timing would line up with the dinner Obama had with Silicon Valley luminaries like then-Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, along with Jobs (who was seated to the left of the president).
In the picture above, the White House has confirmed the president is carrying an iPad 2. Not a bad perk of the job, if you ask me.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter