Steve Jobs gave President Obama a pre-release iPad 2
Image via White House Flickr account
In an interview with ABC, US President Obama said that Steve Jobs personally gave him an iPad 2 a couple of weeks before it was unveiled. This timing would line up with the dinner Obama had with Silicon Valley luminaries like then-Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, along with Jobs (who was seated to the left of the president).
In the picture above, the White House has confirmed the president is carrying an iPad 2. Not a bad perk of the job, if you ask me.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options