AirPort Utility app for iOS about to debut
While iOS 5 includes a new feature that allows for initial setup of an AirPort device from an iPad or iPhone, any future tweaking of settings still has to be done from a Mac or PC. However, Twitter user Sonny Dickson found references to an AirPort Utility app in iOS 5's Settings app. Without going into too much NDA-licious detail, I'll just say that I've independently confirmed what he's found, although the relevant link currently goes nowhere and does nothing.
iOS 5 will go live to the public on October 12, and it's highly probable this AirPort Utility app will as well. Its release will address one of the last remaining feature gaps that has prevented "normal" users from going PC-free with iOS devices. Once the app comes out, we'll take a look at it and report on what we find.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs