AirPort Utility app for iOS about to debut
While iOS 5 includes a new feature that allows for initial setup of an AirPort device from an iPad or iPhone, any future tweaking of settings still has to be done from a Mac or PC. However, Twitter user Sonny Dickson found references to an AirPort Utility app in iOS 5's Settings app. Without going into too much NDA-licious detail, I'll just say that I've independently confirmed what he's found, although the relevant link currently goes nowhere and does nothing.
iOS 5 will go live to the public on October 12, and it's highly probable this AirPort Utility app will as well. Its release will address one of the last remaining feature gaps that has prevented "normal" users from going PC-free with iOS devices. Once the app comes out, we'll take a look at it and report on what we find.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter