Facebook for iPad out now
TechCrunch and a few other sites are posting that the Facebook iPad app has finally arrived on the App Store. I don't quite see it on the store yet, but the news has apparently dropped according to a schedule run by Facebook itself, so the app should follow soon. The app looks ... about like you'd expect a Facebook iPad app to look, with a sidebar available in landscape mode, and a dropdown menu to browse the various sections in portrait mode.
One of the biggest features of the new app is integration with other apps -- apparently the app can send you directly to other apps on your iPad when you browse to them from a friend's status or news post. For example, if you read about a Words with Friends move on a friend's status, you can click a link on that post, and be sent right out to the iPad version of Words with Friends (or, if you don't have it installed, you'll get sent to the App Store app to download it). That will help developers a lot with connecting users up on their various platforms.
At any rate, as soon as it shows up in the App Store, we'll give the app a full runthrough and let you know what we think. As soon as we see a link, we'll update this post with it.
Update: Here's a link! Enjoy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free