iPhone 4 and 3GS still selling strong
The iPhone 4S hasn't even launched yet, but it's already the fastest-selling Apple product in history, at least if you go by the preorders. That doesn't mean customers have abandoned Apple's older phones, though. Analyst T. Michael Walkley of Canaccord Genuity did some digging, and after checking around the US carriers he found that sales of the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS haven't slowed down even in the face of the new iPhone 4S's debut (hat tip to AppleInsider for their coverage of his analysis). In years past Apple has seen sales slumps in the quarter preceding the launch of new iPhone models, but even though the iPhone 4S launched later in the year than its predecessors, iPhone sales remained robust.
Walkley and other analysts have repeatedly found that old iPhones continually outsell new Android phones. Though it's well over two years old now, the iPhone 3GS continues to be second only to the iPhone 4 in US sales. Even though it's no longer a phone I'd recommend to new users, the 3GS is likely to remain popular given that it's now available for free with a two-year contract.
The iPhone 4S hasn't even launched yet, but it's already the fastest-selling Apple product in history, at least if you go by the...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved