iPhone 4S pre-orders top 1 million in 24 hours
Apple has reported that iPhone 4S pre-orders topped one million units in a single day, breaking the previous single-day record held by the iPhone 4 (600,000). In fact, it was Apple's most successful first-day pre-order ever. Apple's Phil Schiller said in a press release, "We are blown away with the incredible customer response to iPhone 4S."
The iPhone 4S will be available for sale on October 14 in more than 22 countries, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, and Finland.
The iPhone 4S generated more opening day pre-orders than any other Apple product. Sure sounds like a "dud," eh, CNN?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)