iPhone 4S pre-orders top 1 million in 24 hours
Apple has reported that iPhone 4S pre-orders topped one million units in a single day, breaking the previous single-day record held by the iPhone 4 (600,000). In fact, it was Apple's most successful first-day pre-order ever. Apple's Phil Schiller said in a press release, "We are blown away with the incredible customer response to iPhone 4S."
The iPhone 4S will be available for sale on October 14 in more than 22 countries, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, and Finland.
The iPhone 4S generated more opening day pre-orders than any other Apple product. Sure sounds like a "dud," eh, CNN?
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter