T-Mobile unveils Galaxy Tab 10.1 in U.S. despite Apple lawsuit
This is about to get interesting. T-Mobile dropped a press release last night saying that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will soon be available on its network. The problem is T-Mobile seems to be jumping the gun, as a court hearing on Apple's motion for a US-based injunction against the device is just three days away.
If Apple is granted the injunction, T-Mobile will have multiple spots of egg on its face. One for telling customers the device will be available "in time for the holidays," and another for hedging its bets that Apple will lose the case, which is sure to not sit well with the boys in Cupertino. It's also not likely to help the company get the iPhone, as its CEO wants.
T-Mobile hasn't announced an exact ship date or pricing. However, it has set up a web page where interested users can request notification of when the device becomes available.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter