Video of Siri working perfectly for users with a variety of accents
Are you excited about Siri? If so, this video on Stuff.tv is going to knock your socks off. In the video, users ask Siri to open a website, send an IM to someone, ask it about the weather both locally and in San Francisco, set an alarm, do some currency conversions, and find the distance to the Moon.
Be sure to watch the end of the video, where a young woman asks "Is it going to rain tomorrow?" and Siri responds with "Looking at London weather, it doesn't look like it's going to rain tomorrow."
It's obvious in the video that the users switch between the English-US and English-UK settings, as Siri's accent goes between American and British depending on the speaker. In every case, Siri provides a correct answer and does an amazing job of taking dictation. When Siri isn't exactly sure, it responds "This might answer your question."
It certainly works much better than this voice recognition.
I ... can't ... wait!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs