Apple reportedly moves iPad battery orders from Simplo to Dynapack
Digitimes is reporting that due to defective Lithium-polymer battery packs in some iPad 2s, Apple has shifted some orders for the battery packs from Simplo Technology to another producer, Dynapack International Technology.
The defective batteries may have leakage problems. Digitimes notes that these problems can cause short circuits in the batteries, which can cause problems with recharging. Lithium-polymer batteries use very stable chemical materials, so the leakage cannot cause explosion or fire hazards.
Simplo has been supplying Apple with batteries for a number of devices for years, including the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. It is believed that the problem with defective batteries has now made Dynapack the predominant supplier for the iPad 2 batteries.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs